The next Regular Council Meeting has been scheduled as follows:
Thursday, June 27, 2019 at 6:00 p.m. -
at the West Cove Community Hall
Lake Isle & Lac Ste. Anne Water Quality Management Society (LILSA)
Did you know that LILSA:
- Advocates for the health of our lakes;
- Is working hard to slow and prevent the spread of FLOWERING RUSH, an invasive species that is taking over Lake Isle and making its way to Lac Ste Anne;
- Completed a State of the Watershed Report and is working with other organizations to develop a Watershed Management plan;
- Partners with municipal and provincial governments to apply for grants and improve the quality of our lakes;
- Is working on short and long-term solutions to improve our lakes and keep them healthy and useable for generations to come;
- Needs more members to keep doing their important work!
Become a LILSA Member today!
There is no time commitment required. You can do as little or as much as you choose.
By becoming a member you will:
- Help support the health of our lakes;
- Be able to vote at our AGM;
- Be eligible to run for the board;
- Be a part of the solution!
Annual Memberships are $20 (individual or family) & can be purchased at:
Alberta Beach Village Office (4935-50Ave) Lac Ste Anne County Building (56521 Rge Rd 65) Onoway Town Office (4812-51St)
Join LILSA at their Annual General Meeting
Aug 10, 2019 at 9:30am
Alberta Beach Agliplex
4811-47Ave Alberta Beach
Flowering Rush is a prohibited, noxious weed that has been introduced into several Alberta water bodies. It is an aquatic plant that grows as an emergent plant along shorelines of both lakes and rivers. Flowering Rush was brought to North America from Europe as a garden plant. This variety will form dense stands which will interfere with recreational lake use. Flowering Rush crowds out our native plants and has the potential to fill in an entire lake if left uncontrolled.
For more information - visit the Lake Isle Lac Ste. Anne (LILSA) website