Next Council Meetings
-CANCELLED - Regular Council Meeting - Thursday, January 30, 2020 at 6:00 p.m. at the West Cove Community Hall.
-The January Council meeting has been re-scheduled to Tuesday, February 4, 2020 at 6:00 p.m. at the West Cove Community Hall.
Municipal Development Plan Project
The Summer Village of West Cove is currently part of a 3-component project along with 7 other municipalities. One component is to adopt a Municipal Development Plan (MDP) which will be a mandatory requirement for all municipalities under the Modernized Municipal Government Act. The Municipal Development Plan is a primary document that guides the future development and growth of the whole community. The MDP sets the vision on how to accommodate this growth responsibly and serves as an important decision-making tool for Council, administration and all stakeholders. As a statutory plan required by the Alberta Municipal Government Act, the MDP provides direction for Council, administration, developers and builders, property-owners, residents and adjacent municipalities.
An MDP will address several items, including:
-future land use
-Current Municipal Development Plan for the Summer Village of West Cove (2011) - Municipal Development Plan
Lake Isle & Lac Ste. Anne Water Quality Management Society (LILSA)
Did you know that LILSA:
- Advocates for the health of our lakes;
- Is working hard to slow and prevent the spread of FLOWERING RUSH, an invasive species that is taking over Lake Isle and making its way to Lac Ste Anne;
- Completed a State of the Watershed Report and is working with other organizations to develop a Watershed Management plan;
- Partners with municipal and provincial governments to apply for grants and improve the quality of our lakes;
- Is working on short and long-term solutions to improve our lakes and keep them healthy and useable for generations to come;
- Needs more members to keep doing their important work!
Become a LILSA Member today!
There is no time commitment required. You can do as little or as much as you choose.
By becoming a member you will:
- Help support the health of our lakes;
- Be able to vote at our AGM;
- Be eligible to run for the board;
- Be a part of the solution!
Annual Memberships are $20 (individual or family) & can be purchased at:
Alberta Beach Village Office (4935-50Ave) Lac Ste Anne County Building (56521 Rge Rd 65) Onoway Town Office (4812-51St)
Flowering Rush is a prohibited, noxious weed that has been introduced into several Alberta water bodies. It is an aquatic plant that grows as an emergent plant along shorelines of both lakes and rivers. Flowering Rush was brought to North America from Europe as a garden plant. This variety will form dense stands which will interfere with recreational lake use. Flowering Rush crowds out our native plants and has the potential to fill in an entire lake if left uncontrolled.
For more information - visit the Lake Isle Lac Ste. Anne (LILSA) website